The name and roots of the Zeppelin group go back to the pioneering airship constructor Ferdinand Count Zeppelin. In the 1950, after the end of the airship era, the Zeppelin Foundation, which was established by Count Zeppelin and is now administrated by the city of Friedrichshafen, founded the Metallwerk Friedrichshafen GmbH, the present ZEPPELIN GmbH. The group’s headquarters are located in Garching near Munich, while the registered office is in Friedrichshafen. The company is operating in 200 locations worldwide and employs about 6,000 people.
The Zeppelin Group is split into two main divisions: Trading and Industry. The Trading division’s activities are focused on sales, service and rental of Caterpillar construction machines and engines as well as MaK marine engines, Terex mining equipment and Hyster lift trucks. Zeppelin is exclusive distribution partner of Caterpillar Inc., Peoria (IL, USA) in Germany, Austria and many countries in Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia, and is Europe’s largest sales, service and rental organization in the construction machine industry. The Zeppelin Industry division is a globally leading provider of customized systems for conveying, storing, blending, dosing and weighing high-quality bulk solids, specializing in the plastics, rubber, tire and food industries.
Year of foundation1908
Business activityTrading: sales, service and rental
of construction machines,
engines and lift trucks
Industry: production of integrated systems for processing high-quality bulk solids