The Stiftung kreuznacher diakonie (Bad Kreuznach Diaconal Social Welfare Foundation) is a major regional Lutheran social welfare sponsoring organisation of diaconal-social welfare services. It sponsors facilities in the Rhineland-Palatinate, the Saarland and Hessen.
The Foundation’s services are spread over five areas:
- the Hospital and Hospice Division, with six clinics and four stationary hospices;
- the “Living with Handicap” division is involved in rehabilitation, special needs school, apartments and workshops for people with handicaps and/or mental illnesses;
- the Senior Citizens’ Aid Division provides ambulant and stationary care and residential services for the aged and those requiring long-term nursing care;
- the Childrens’, Young Peoples’ and Family Aid Division has day-care centres, family aid services and foster care services;
- its Homeless Care Division offers the homeless decentralised residential and ambulant services such as street-based social work and day rooms.
The Foundation offers some 750 places for care, educational and diaconal-theological initial and continuing vocational training. In accordance with its motto “not stopping starting”, the Foundation works constantly to offer its clients professional diaconal-social services and to be a professional and diaconal-social employer for its employees.
ManagementDr. Frank Rippel
Pfr. Christian Schucht (komm.)
Year of establishment1889 in Sobernheim