The Friedrich Wihelms-Hütte Eisenguss GmbH is known internationally for its specialised manufacturing know-how in the production of complex and qualitatively demanding hand-moulded castings made of ductile and lamellar graphite cast iron ranging in weight from 8 to 160 tons for gas and steam turbines, large diesel engine blocks and for the steel forging industry and mechanical and plant engineering.
The manufacturing process is constantly checked and further developed, assisted by the use of CAD systems and programmes for simulating mould-filling and solidification. The company‘s services naturally include handling heavy and special transports by nearly all transport modes. The company‘s mostly long-standing customers are industrial companies in Europe and the USA. Its own training workshop trains up to 40 foundry engineers, model-makers, industrial and construction mechanics and mechatronic technicians. The company develops products in close cooperation with customers based on its expertise in metal-casting and materials; some of this work is carried out in joint projects with universities and research centres. The company is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001, 14001 and 50001 (energy management).
45473 Mülheim an der Ruhr
Tel + 49 208 45173-88
Year of establishment
• for the power engineering (casing components for turbines and compressors)
• for the stationary power generation and shipbuilding (large diesel engine blocks)
• for the steel and forge industry (ingot moulds, bottom plates, trumpets)
• for the mechanical and plant engineering (plates for injection moulding machines,
components for forging presses
and the Mining- Industry)
• for the wind energy (rotor hubs, main frames)