Calderys was established in 2005 following the merger of two long-standing and highly distinguished suppliers on the refractory market. Since then Calderys has been the world leader in monolithic refractories. Today, Calderys offers complete and customised refractory solutions to a broad range of industrial sectors and has the widest product range of unshaped and shaped refractories for the following markets: iron and steel, foundry, aluminium, cement and thermal industries.
In Germany the company operates under the name Calderys Deutschland GmbH. The company is based in Neuwied where currently 240 people are employed. Therewith Calderys is one of the most important employers at the business location. The plant Neuwied was founded in 1955 and has been the biggest production site of the Calderys Group with an annual production of 115,000 tonnes of refractory material.
With 17 production sites in 15 countries and sales offices in more than 30 countries, Calderys meets its customers’ requirements on all five continents. Calderys is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Imerys, the world leader in extraction and production of industrial minerals.
Year of establishment2005 born from the merger between Plibrico International and
Employeesmore than 2,000 worldwide
Turnoveraround 560 million euros
Business activityDevelopment, production, sale and
installation of monolithic refractories